Tonganoxie Community Historical Society Membership
TCHS is a non-profit organization, funded through dues, donations, memorials, building rentals, grants and fund raising activities.
Having a large and active membership is the strength of any non-profit organization. We welcome all new members and the perspectives and experiences they bring to our organization.
Additional Contributor opportunities exist, as a Supporter, Sponsor, Patron, or Benefactor. These are also listed on the membership form.
- Individual $10.00/yr
- Family $15.00/yr
- Student $5.00/yr
- Individual Lifetime membership $100.00
Become a member today by filling out and mailing the membership form to us.
The historical society and museum are staffed by volunteers. Membership has long supported the site, giving generously of their time and skills. Volunteers act as docents when the museum is open, keep the buildings and grounds maintained, prepare exhibits, plan special events, and perform all functions necessary to keep the museum running. All of our school programs are staffed with volunteers. We welcome new members and new volunteers of all ages. Volunteers certainly benefit an organization such as ours, but it is the volunteers reap the true rewards.
- Museum Docent during open hours (Wed 9-12 & Sun 1-4)
- Exhibit Preparation
- Building & Grounds Maintenance on Wed mornings
- Perennial garden upkeep
- Volunteer for Fund raisers, such as chili feed, ballpark concessions, and other events from time to time)
- School programs, such as third grade visits to site and taking museum artifacts out to classrooms
- Plan, coordinate, and/or assist with special events
To find out more about volunteer opportunities at the Tonganoxie Community Historical Society, send us an email with your contact information and interests.